!!Fixed!! Continus Re-install on 3.0 alpha 64 bit on Win 7 x64

chulgan

It appears during the download of the 32 bit alpha the settings.dat file was corrupted. I deleted the setting.dat and created a new empty file with notepad. Now every thing works perfectly though I had to go back and reset everything manually to the tweaked original settings.

I installed µTorrent 3.0 64-bit alpha 24767 and the uTorrent worked perfectly. I received a uTorrent update and installed, but it was the 32 bit version. I uninstalled both and did a fresh install of the 64 bit version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the 64 bit version several times. Each time I start uTorrent, it requires a reinstall. I have checked the file permission and everything is correct. I even changed to the 32 bit alpha and the same thing occurred. How do I fix this issue? I changed back to µTorrent 3.0 64-bit alpha 24767. uTorrent works perfectly except everytime I use it, it requires a complete reinstall. Please help.

Running Win 7 Ult x64

16GB RAM

Intel Quad @3.9 GHz

2 X 2TB HD's

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I have this same problem. I am running the latest 3.0 build 26462. Every time I start the app it goes into the installation all over again. Otherwise it works fine. I have tried this fix and while it does not go into the install, my uTorrent display is all screwed up with no description at the top of each column, there are also far too many object appearing in my download window and none of them have names. Pretty much the entire thing looks royally messed up.

I am running on a fresh install that I installed two days ago of Windows 7 Ultimate x64. I must add that I am running with my data drive on a different disk than the OS, which is on the C: Drive. That said, however, The applications don't know this as everything in Windows registry is pointed to C:\Users\xxx and there is a hard junction defined that redirects to the actual data drive. I am running Microsoft Office 2010, Adobe Creative Suite 4, and a fair number of other apps that all work without modification or any effort to direct them to an alternate data drive. I don't think this is the cause, but I thought I should mention it.

If I copy the uTorrent 2.2.1 executable to C:\Program Files (x86)\uTorrent it works just fine. All the 3.0 versions I have tried have this problem. I want to say, as a programmer I find it appalling that the installation code is in the installed app.

Archived